All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Monday 27 March 2006

Real Teaching

Today, I managed to achieve a first in my (albeit) brief teaching career. I taught four IT lessons without the use of IT. The computers in my room are beset by a mysterious electrical fault that keeps on tripping the fuse board and rendering nineteen out of twenty seven machines as useless as a chocolate teapot (a favourite phrase of my first boss many, many years ago).

It’s amazing how quickly one adapts to using just a standard, non-electrical whiteboard, marker and cloth. Saying that, this was real teaching, in every sense of the word and believe me, as authentic and traditional as it was, I am praying that the problem gets solved by this time tomorrow. Give me back my computers!

If I wanted to teach without the use of pc’s, I don’t think I would have bothered going into this profession.

Tense Teacher and all those out there like you, my hat off to you for doing what you do. Man its tough!

No comments: