Skip to main content

Real Teaching

Today, I managed to achieve a first in my (albeit) brief teaching career. I taught four IT lessons without the use of IT. The computers in my room are beset by a mysterious electrical fault that keeps on tripping the fuse board and rendering nineteen out of twenty seven machines as useless as a chocolate teapot (a favourite phrase of my first boss many, many years ago).

It’s amazing how quickly one adapts to using just a standard, non-electrical whiteboard, marker and cloth. Saying that, this was real teaching, in every sense of the word and believe me, as authentic and traditional as it was, I am praying that the problem gets solved by this time tomorrow. Give me back my computers!

If I wanted to teach without the use of pc’s, I don’t think I would have bothered going into this profession.

Tense Teacher and all those out there like you, my hat off to you for doing what you do. Man its tough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...