Skip to main content

Shira is Five

You sit there and look at your newborn baby daughter, blink, blink again and when you look she's celebrating her fifth birthday!

My wonderful Shira is five on this very day. My baby is growing up!

What can I tell you about Shira that can't be described in these six words:

I
want
to
eat
her
up.

She has cuteness down to a tee and she knows it, but the charm that oozes out of her every pore, the intelligence that she brims with every look and utterance is utterly captivating. I know I shouldn't melt, but she makes everyone around her just about do the same thing whenever they lay their eyes on her.

In three words: Shira is gorgeous. That's not to say that her sisters are any less so, but today, my eyes are firmly fixed on her adorable little cheeks.

If you know Shira, I hope you'll agree and if you don't, take my word for it, she's quite something!

Happy birthday my darling and don't lose a single iota of your delightful personality. I hope the next 365 days allow us the opportunity to enjoy seeing you mature and develop in the same wonderful manner as you have to date.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...