All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Monday 4 August 2008

Cruelty In The Extreme

I'm angry to report that the doctor who was examining my friend Jonathan's results - made a mistake and as result, the news is not as positive as we had all been led to believe. I won't go into the details because I urge you to read them on Jonathan's blog.

I know that this mistake was not at all intentional, but I wonder if this man gave his action a second thought before he put down the X-ray, realised that he'd not divulged the full facts and looked at the next client's results. There's an old joke about differentiating surgeons from G-d. The punchline goes along the lines of "well, at least G-d doesn't think he's a surgeon".

Jonathan is more than an x-ray and he really doesn't deserve to be dealt with in such a cruel manner, irrespective of whether or not this was a mistake. Is this the first time that this has happened? No. Will it be the last? No - and that's what I am so angry about.

Please read his blog, which you can find here.

No comments: