Skip to main content

Liverpool Revisited

We're into the second week of August, which can only mean one thing...

My annual Liverpool trip.

Discounting my recent excursion to the city, which for all intents and purposes was severely curtailed by the pressures of work, I will be revisiting my adopted city for the third year running.

This year's trip takes on some very special guest stars, namely my mom, Dassi and Tali. I can't wait to share the city with them and create some great new memories. This trip, though shorter than the last two, has been some months in the planning and although we're only going to be there for three days, only one will be spent in the city itself. On Tuesday, we will be visiting Chester and giving Tali her Afikomen present, albeit four months late.

The weather might be interesting, but even if it pours, I can't wait to share my love of Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields and the like with my family. As wonderful as it was to visit the places with friends, nothing can compare taking my daughters and mom to the the places "I'll remember all my life...."

I won't be writing a Liverpool diary this time around, because you've probably read it all before, but rest assured, I'll try to give you a resume when I get back.

It won't be long yeah.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
hipep beatles and Liverpool

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...