All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Wednesday 13 June 2007

The PERES-ident

So, at last, Shimon Peres has been voted into Office!

I think this is a good thing, as the further he stays away from real politics, the happier I (and many other people) will be.

Despite his international reputation as a "statesman", I have nothing but contempt for a man whom many believe would sell his own grandmother if she were alive - and if he could get a decent price.

Then again, I believe that Peres will rescue the respected office of "The President of The State of Israel" from the gutter, from whence the current incumbent left it - and return it to its ceremonial perch.

I will certainly feel happier knowing that the newer president will not demonstrate the kind of salacious behaviour exhibited by his predecessor.

It is just difficult, getting used to this new Peres-ident (sorry), sex scandal notwithstanding.

No comments: