Skip to main content

The PERES-ident

So, at last, Shimon Peres has been voted into Office!

I think this is a good thing, as the further he stays away from real politics, the happier I (and many other people) will be.

Despite his international reputation as a "statesman", I have nothing but contempt for a man whom many believe would sell his own grandmother if she were alive - and if he could get a decent price.

Then again, I believe that Peres will rescue the respected office of "The President of The State of Israel" from the gutter, from whence the current incumbent left it - and return it to its ceremonial perch.

I will certainly feel happier knowing that the newer president will not demonstrate the kind of salacious behaviour exhibited by his predecessor.

It is just difficult, getting used to this new Peres-ident (sorry), sex scandal notwithstanding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...