All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Tuesday 19 June 2007

Memory Almost Full - Another Review

Having listened to this CD continuously since I received it about ten days, I feel the need to update my review.

Don't read what I wrote before (well, you can read some of it!) because I've changed my mind and now honestly believe that this is one of the best albums he's released since quitting the Beatles, on par with Flaming Pie, which I think is generally regarded as one of his finest solo outings.

I say this, because I've even found myself starting to like the songs that didn't impress me at first (such as Sunshine and House of Wax). The five track medley is still glorious although I've found myself discriminating against the songs that precede it, which I think is unfair.

With all this in mind, I'm upgrading my recommendation to:

****1/2

No comments: