All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Sunday 15 April 2007

Penny Dropping Time

In typical teacher's fashion (or maybe not), I've left it to the last day of the holidays to start planning for the next term.

Maybe its because I'm looking past these next few months to a rosier future?

I don't really know.

School starts again tomorrow and goes on for another five weeks until the next holiday - the last before the summer break. I can't believe how quickly this year has flown past. Is it me or do most teachers feel the same way? You get through the autumn drudge and then, after January, time seems to whizz along at a relativity-busting speed (eat your heart out, Albert!)

My main concern is getting a job before the end of the term, so that I can make the smooth transition into my next school (let's hope it's smooth). Then again, I've got loads of coursework marking coming up, not least from my Year 11's, who haven't quite realised that the handing-in deadline is literally around the corner.

It is definitely penny-dropping time for all of us.

No comments: