All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Tuesday 17 April 2007

The Jerusalem Elvis

Did you see the programme on the Jerusalem Elvis last night?

The guy is obviously a fruitcake, as is his chach-chach wife. The son is definitely on something (and I'm not talking about deep fried peanut butter sandwiches either) and the whole programme was extremely funny, if not deeply disturbing at times.

I can't say that I was particularly impressed with the scenes where he is pictured praying, fully garbed with Tallit (prayer shawl) and Tefillin (Phylacteries) since I seriously wondered whether he was praying to G-d or Elvis (or both, which is even more worrying).

However, it was lovely though to see Israel and particularly the Kotel (The Western Wall).

As for you, Uri Geller....I honestly believed that you would have known better than to involve yourself with this bunch of seriously disturbed individuals.

No comments: