Skip to main content

Pasta Passion....and Pistols



We've just come back from playing this murder mystery game. There were four couples and each of us took on the role of a character. I was Bo Jalais, the grape-grower and dressed up for the part (including the essential black beret).

However, Dana, as Tara Misu absolutely stole the show with her ravishing outfit and frighteningly authentic Italian accent. I won't spoil events by revealing the identity of the murderer, but this really was an evening to remember.

The Italian cuisine (Dana's spaghetti and meaballs) was also the perfect addition to a wonderful soiree and immense fun was had by all. The fact that this also doubled up as my birthday party made it all that more special.

Mamma Mia!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...