Skip to main content

Letter To The Iranian Embassies

I have sent this email to the numerous Iranian Embassies dotted around the world.

"Dear Sir,

My grandmother lost virtually every single member of her family in the Holocaust. I am therefore appalled to read that Iran, a country with a notable history of tolerance and acceptance of all nations should be hosting a "conference" which gives a platform to some of the most anti-semitic and racist human beings on the planet.

I wish that the Holocaust had not taken place. I wish that over six million people had not simply vanished between the years of 1939 and 1945. I wish that one and half million children had been given the chance to grow up and contribute to the world, instead of being murdered - simply because they born Jewish.

You are an Ambassador for your country. You have a duty to present your country in the best possible light. I therefore ask you to do everything in your power to educate yourself and your countrymen in what really happened during World War II. Go to Auschwitz, visit the Yad Vashem website, talk with survivors and then make your mind up whether the Holocaust is being "exaggerated".

You owe it to yourselves and your country to learn the real truth about the Holocaust. It did happen and it could happen again if conferences like the one that has taken place in Teheran are given any sort of legitimacy.

Thank you for your time."

Let's see if any of them bother to reply.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...
Heavenly Fires - Dvar Torah for Parshat Acharei Mot-Kedoshim She was the largest of her type and class. It is said that passengers on the LZ 129 Hindenburg Zeppelin Airship couldn’t tell when she had disembarked as her launches were so smooth. 80 years ago, on 6 th May 1937, she caught fire over Lakehurst, New Jersey and crashed into the ground in a coruscating ball of fire. 36 people, including 13 passengers, 22 crew and 1 member of the ground unit died. Among the dead was Captain Ernest Lehmann, highly respected and experienced in piloting German airships, but who was later criticized for often making reckless manoeuvres that compromised the airship’s safety. The explosion’s cause is still unknown, despite numerous theories propagated since. On the eighth day, dressed in his magnificent Priestly robes, he faced the throngs of people, staring in disbelief at the sight. The Mishkan (Tabernacle), gleamed in the hazy midday sun, a structure whose presence owed its being ...