Skip to main content

yeS yES YES !!!

This morning I found a note in my pigeon-hole requesting me to go to the school office as soon as possible.

I made my way with not a little bit of trepidation to the office and was greeted by the Head's PA, who asked me to sign the DfES (Department for Education and Skills) form which is sent by the school to the Government, stating that the school is satisfied that I have now successfully completed my NQT (Newly Qualified Teacher) induction year.

This means that, as of receipt of the form and confirmation letter from the DfES, I will be a fully qualified teacher in the British school system. It has taken me nearly two years to reach this point and I can tell you, right now I feel like a million dollars.

The Teacher is now qualified.
Man, that sounds great.

Comments

The Scribbler said…
Thank you Tense Teacher for your kind words and I'll ignore Larry's comments at the same time.
The Scribbler said…
Bradders, wasn't that a great evening? I remember the conversation as though it were yesterday...and then the ensuing discussion with Dana when I got home.

It was a though everything in my life finally made sense and for the first time ever, I actually knew what I wanted to be.

Thank YOU for helping me to crystallize my thoughts and take the path I have been on since September 2004. It's getting difficult to remember a time when I wasn't working as a teacher.

Y.M and Y.F - thank you so much for your unstinting support and encouragement. The triumverate between yourselves and Dana were and are the pillars that hold me up on the days when I wonder if I've made the right decision.

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...