All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Sunday 14 May 2006

Satisfaction? Perhaps.

It’s been one of those rare occasions when I actually managed to get most of my lesson planning out of the way by mid afternoon. It was so unusual, that I’m starting to wonder if I’ve worked hard enough!

This year has been challenging, not least because I’m teaching quite a bit of the material for the very first time. I would imagine that next year will be somewhat easier, in terms of planning at least; because I can re-use the plans I’ve pored over for many a Sunday afternoon. The end of the tunnel is in sight and I am aware that, incredibly, the summer holidays are but two months away – and not a moment too soon.

I haven’t planned the Wednesday morning lesson yet, but it occurred to me that I will be able to kill two birds with one stone, in that I will be covering the same subject with both the Year 8’s and 9’s on the same morning. This is not a bad thing, in that I can use the first lesson (Year 8) as a sort of dry run for the one I will later be assessed on. Obviously, I will have to target the subject at two different age groups, but that’s not too difficult.

No comments: