All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Wednesday 1 February 2006

Another Point Of View.

One of the Senior Management Team members arranged for me to spend the day in another school, to observe how teachers taught students in a different environment. Armed only with my Tom Tom and some confidence, I made my way across town to the school.

It was a truly illuminating day, not least because I picked up some great teaching tips as well as some really useful resources. I sat in on four lessons, two in IT, one on Religious Education followed by the final period of the day - Maths. The staff were really great and the students reminded me that just because you’re 14 doesn’t mean you have be obnoxious (slight exaggeration I know!!!).

A really good day. Now let’s see if I can put any of my new ideas into practice.

No comments: