All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Sunday 12 February 2006

Sunday, The Start Of A Brand New Week...

Friday 3.15 p.m. heralded the start of an extraordinarily welcome week-long break.

For some unfathomable reason, the kids have been more challenging during the last six weeks than throughout the whole of the Winter term. Dana says it seems that way because we (i.e. the teachers) only got 2 ½  weeks break before diving back into it…which makes me wonder how any of us are going to survive the next two months, when we’ve only got this one measly week to re-charge our batteries (and minds).

The usual Winter flu bugs are enjoying their stay chez nous. Dassi and Shira are down with temperature and Dana is out tutoring her kids. I’m taking a break from all things school-related, if only to remind myself that there really is life worth living outside the institution (lol).

It is the start of a new week and I intend to ensure that my need for R&R is fully addressed.  Saying that, you can expect more posts from me on a worringly frequent basis, as I slowly descend into the netherworld of potty training, family squabbles and housebound lunacy.

Maybe school ain’t so bad after all…