All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Wednesday 8 February 2006

A Better Competition.

The Associated Press reports that “an Iranian newspaper says it is going to hold a competition for cartoons on the Holocaust to test whether the West will apply the same principles of freedom of expression to the Nazi genocide against Jews as it did to the caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed”.

Why bother? Virtually every day in some Arab country, a newspaper prints an anti-Semitic cartoon either denying the Holocaust or depicting the Jews as world dominators - and the West does nothing about it.

Let’s run a different competition, along the lines of finding out which country can think of the best excuse to bomb Iran for developing nuclear weapons.

I think I already know the winner….

2 comments:

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

Fighting over cartoons? Hmm. I don't like ti when people I respect are disparaged in print... but to bomb over it? Not my style.

Then again, I don't have access to nuclear weapons... damn my luck!

The Scribbler said...

Rachael,

The thought of you possessing nuclear weapons is extremely worrying...today your blog....tomorrow......THE WORLD!!!