All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Friday 25 July 2008

School's Out for Summer?

The girls have finally broken up for their summer break and apparently, I've been on a break since Friday. I say "apparently" because I've spent this week in school (bar Monday) marking my Year 10 coursework...and it's still not finished.

A few lessons I've learned from my experience.

1) Mark as much as you can during the year. It won't go away and you don't want to spend your summer break in a classroom catching up.

2) Make sure that you've got some decent summer wear. The odd kid that walks into the class won't be that impressed to see their teacher sitting there in tattered shorts.

3) The British summer is not long enough when it comes to catching up with your marking. If I don't watch out, it will be over before you've finished!

4) The novelty of going into a virtually empty school soon wears off.

5) Bring some decent music in, to listen to. Otherwise, you will spend an indeterminable amount of time sitting in silence, marking the same papers over and over again.

The thing is, can I remember all of this for next year?

No comments: