All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Tuesday 20 February 2007

We're Back!

I really don't know where to start this posting...except to declare that the holiday Tali, my parents and I have just returned from was a resounding success. In fact, we had a whale of a time.

Tali went diving with dolphins (although she was pretty frightened of putting the aparatus into her mouth); enjoyed the rides in the City of Kings (in particular, the spectacular log flume fall); loved the Imax 3D Simpsons, even though it was all in Hebrew; got a buzz out of visiting the amazing underwater observatory in Eilat and generally had a pretty splendid time.

I am not going to bore you with anecdotes of our trip - suffice to say that the hotel we stayed in was pretty cool as were the meals (I'm still trying to shed the new weight) and the temparature was lovely.

Ahhh!

We got home on Sunday night and I'm still somewhere in between the two continents of Europe and Asia.

This has been without a doubt, one of the nicest holidays I've ever had. On a separate note, it felt very special to be back in Israel for the first time in nearly ten years. I've really missed the place. I pray that it won't be another decade until I step foot again in this incredible country.

Once again, I left a piece of my heart and soul in the country of my people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Teacher,

Oh, I can see you and Tali really had a great time!!

I am really missing you all. Iam thinking of another trip with my old trusty motorcycle

Welcome home. I am sure you are ready for another good year!

someone with a bike

The VP said...

Interesting response to whoever Mr Anonymous is... I was thinking of a John O'Groats to Lands' End trip on my bike this summer!