All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Monday 26 February 2007

The 79th Academy Awards II

So how did I do?

I got the Best Actor, Actress and Animation.

I suppose I should have guessed Scorcese would clinch it, but I thought the Academy would go for United 93. How ironic that Marty (we're on first name terms, don't you know) finally won for a film that wasn't one of his best - it certainly shouldn't have been awared the Best Picture.

It reminds me of when Paul Newman won the award for The Color Of Money. I guess they felt that had to give it to him, irrespective of the movie he was in. He is, after all, one of the greatest living directors (and probably my favourite).

One thought - I wonder how the Queen feels about Helen Mirren winning the Oscar for playing her. To be honest, I would have been surprised if she'd lost. I remember musing that she'd probably get it as her performace was simply astonishing.

As for the predictions....oh well, there's always next year!

No comments: