Skip to main content

I've Recovered (Just About)

I know, I know. I appreciate that I didn't exactly leave you in too good a state after my last posting. I mean, a condom on a keyboard - what could I possibly write that could top that?

Eh?

So I gave it a few days to cleanse myself of the disgust I felt and had quite a pleasant weekend. On Motzei Shabbat (Saturday night), we were invited over to D and S's house for a Tu Bishvat musical evening. Unfortunately, we were unable to find a babysitter, so I went solo. Our friend M was also there with his charming wife and the three of us (D, M and I) had a rollicking evening - with D on guitar (he's a phoenomenal player) , M performing fabulously on keyboards and yours truly alternating between keyboards and guitar and yes, I am showing off.

With the ladies singing along, we played our way through a catalogue of songs, ranging from the good ole Beatles, through Cat Stevens and even encompassing Led Zeppelin. It's a real shame that Dana couldn't attend. I think she would have loved it.

Yesterday, I went out and got my brand new phone, my first ever pocket pc. It's an absolute beauty. You will also be relieved to know that I have insured it, granted that the kids in my school have fantastically light fingers. Truth be told, I am keeping it safe in my staff room locker and only taking it out at breaks to check my emails (stop showing off, Teach).

So that's about it, except for my growing anticipation at leaving these forlorn shores for the sunny beaches of Eilat in less than a week. I doubt I will be posting anything during the trip (I don't think I'll have access to a pc, which is not necessarily a bad thing) - so I suppose I should be adding a few more entries in advance to compensate (what is it about blogs that they make you feel guilty if you don't update them?!).

Anyway, no condoms recently, so I suppose you could call it "a good day."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...