Skip to main content

I'm Evil I Am

I was entering the classroom to teach a Year 11 class and saw a technician fiddling around with my PC. It turned out he was given me a new machine to teach with...and it was now equipped with software to control all the other computers in the room.

I have to profess that the "kid in a sweet shop" expression pretty much describes my behaviour over the next sixty minutes.

Using the new software, I blocked the Internet on all the machines; took over the kids' computers and broadcast the whiteboard content on their screens; sent messages like "hello" to some of the PCs ; blocked the machines of any kids who were not on task (that was sooo much fun - suddenly their screens turned dark blue!) and basically tried out every feature available....to the understandable groans and sighs of many of the students, who just wanted to be left alone to do their work.

Aren't a terrible teacher? (especially since I spent the entire lesson with an evil grin on my face, working out new ways to control the machines).

I don't know about the kids, but this was definitely the most fun I've had in a lesson in the last six months.

Comments

The Scribbler said…
I would say that indicator of how popular I am as a result of the software is discussed in the posting above this one ("I've Arrived)...

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...