All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Sunday 9 April 2006

The Real Workers

Messing around time is over. This is the week that will separate the men from the boys. Am I talking about school? Hell no! I’ve got a kitchen to prepare for Passover…and if that’s not stressful, I can’t think of anything that is.

I really shouldn’t complain though, because, as any Jewish woman out there will tell you, they are the ones who do the real work. What with all the cooking, keeping the kids out of the kitchen (ah yes, that’s our job isn’t it?) and well, basically getting on with it…they certainly have their work cut out for them.

We men do our minimal bit and then spend the rest of the time complaining, whereas our wives, mothers etc just do it. I guess it’s lucky that men aren’t left to prepare the Sedarim (Passover meals) or else there would be matza….along with tinned gefilte fish, and not much else.

So, I suppose I’d better stop writing this and get on with it (groan, moan, groan, moan).

No comments: