Skip to main content

1492 And All That

There are some events in your life that you never forget. You know, those special moments that will never, ever be repeated.

I had one of those today.

Dana brought home a box of Krispy Kreme donuts. I must be one of the few people on the planet who had not hitherto tried one of these foodstuffs. Having satisfied myself that they were kosher (something that Dana had checked before – but I’m a stubborn bastard)…I took a bite.

How can one describe the first taste of a Krispy Kreme donut?

It was nothing short of incredible.

The soft, succulent dough melted like honey in my throat. My taste buds took their sunglasses out, stripped down to the waist and sat there, sunbathing on the beach that was now my tongue. It was almost a religious experience.

Fortunately, of the twelve Dana bought, there is still one left.

I am a new (Krispy Kreme) man.
My life will never be the same again.

Forget 1492, today I discovered the REAL America.

Comments

The Scribbler said…
I think I've struck gold with this entry. I can't remember the last time I had three comments in such short succession.

I think I'm going to stop writing about teaching and concentrate on describing food...that's obviously the way to become really popular!

Claire, I will call you today...cholestorol notwithstanding.

Larry...too late!

Tense Teacher, from your latest posting, I definitely think you need a treat, so go get yourself some donuts.
LOL~ That was great! Those are some damned good donuts.... so good it feels like sinning!

If I'd known they weren't plentiful in the UK i would've sent you a box.

No I wouldn't have. They're so popular here that I distrust the integrity of the company.

It makes sense to be a little leary of anything suagr-coated when you live in the US!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!