All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Thursday, 29 September 2005

Oops!

I’ve just found out that one of the Year 7 girls I’ve been teaching for almost a month is actually a boy.

I hasten to add that I didn’t carry a physical check to establish this fact, the clarification came out through a conversation I was having with other teachers. They had also mistaken him for a her (one teacher had even referred to him as a “she” when talking to the other students and he was not in the slightest bit amused)

I think he/she needs to cut his/her very long hair if he/she wants to avoid being seriously emotionally screwed up by all the teasing he/she will endure as the other kids also start wondering what gender he/she is.

I expect him/her to look very different in a short while. Then again, maybe not…

5 comments:

As always... Rachael said...

I like long hair, and I think when you're young is a good time to do it... you know? Before you have to go out and get a JOB?

But, you gotta have a manly enough face to pull it off! I'm guessing this child has an androgenous name as well. Maybe a nickname is in order! Rocko?

Larrythelamb said...

didnt the name John give you any indications?

didnt the fact that his hairy arms and beard growth give it away?

didnt the fact that he went to the gents give you any indication?

i must agree that the lipstick and makeup he wore and the diamonte studded matching earings and bracelet, must have made it a tad difficult.

your very observant friend, shirley (i think)

Drunk Girl said...

Hi, what a great page! Really enjoyed it, keep up the great work!
how to make spy gadget

As always... Rachael said...

You're getting spam - time to add word verification like everyone else!!

The Teacher said...

Done!