All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Sunday 21 September 2008

My Joint Loves

I make no apology whatsoever for adding one article after another regarding Sir Paul McCartney's upcoming trip to Israel. How could I not go bananas over the notion that my two great loves, the State of Israel and the Beatles are for the first time becoming entwined. Words fail me...

Additionally, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Sir Paul. In defying those who would wish that he cancel his trip (and I won't even tell you what I think about that scumbag in Lebanon who threatened him with assassination), he shows himself to be a true friend of the Jewish people and the State of Israel and we don't forget things like that. As they say in Hebrew "Kol Hakavod" - all respect due - to him.

I have always held him in high estimation with regard to his amazing music. Now I see him in an ever greater light, if that were at all possible. I only wish I were there to experience the show.

No comments: