All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Wednesday 30 May 2007

The '20,000 Hits' Paradox

It just occurred to me that I've passed the 20,000 hits mark. You don't celebrate something like that every day. Thank you for coming and supporting this site.

20,000 hits...

Wow!

I'm not exactly reticent in publicising this blog. For crying out loud, I've got the URL (web address) sitting there as as part of the signature on virtually every email I send out!

That said, I am always taken aback when people I meet tell me they've been reading my posts - and I don't quite know how to react.

After all, here I am, spilling my soul out to the gathering masses not really aware of whom is on the receiving end -yet feeling quite humbled that people choose to visit the site (some on quite a regular basis) to get their "scribbler fix".

It's a paradox - ego vs humility.

Am I making any sense here?

I write because I need to express myself and I find that I can do this more eloquently through text than speech. Yet, I cringe when I think about what I've written and how some people will have interpreted it.

Is this a common ailment affecting bloggers?

Enough naval-gazing for now. I'm going to fire off some more emails and remind people of my blog. I just don't know how I'll react when they ask me to explain the above.

No comments: