Skip to main content

The Last Post of 2005

Well, we’re about to bid farewell to 2005. The main thing is that if you’re reading this, you’ve made it through to the end of the year and like me, you’ve managed to hang on to dear life, unlike those who have sadly left their mortal coil behind within the last 364 days.

It’s been an interesting year for Yours Truly. On a professional basis, I’ve think I’ve had a truly staggering year. Last December 31st, I was still a student, earning bupkes and hoping that I’d make it through to the end of the course. Twelve months later, I’m still earning virtually bupkes (come to think of it, I was better off as a student) and hoping that I’ll make it through my first year of training. Maybe not that much has changed after all…

Family-wise, over the last twelve months, we’ve seen the emergence of Shira as a force to be reckoned with. Now she talks, charms her (and our) socks off and very much holds her own, despite the presence of three sisters who are very opinionated, possessed of strong minds and sometimes quite over-powering. In other words, she’s the one I’m least concerned about.

Dana has made amazing strides since January of this year, not least with the amount of weight she managed to shed. I should be so fortunate. She looks fantastic and I’d like to think that we are closer now than we were a year ago. I’m probably wrong, but hey, it’s my blog…

This last year has seen me introduce my blog onto this site. I’ve had to dig out my old HTML skills to bring you what you see today and although there are many of you who are presenting a far more polished and sophisticated site, I’m quite happy with my little contribution to the www.

We’ve had some significant additions since last December, not least the presence of not one, but two new cars (when I write ‘new’, I’m referring to the fact that they are new to us, as opposed to spanking 2005 editions) and I’m now driving around listening to an Australian/American/Brit telling me where to go (I recently splashed out on a Satellite Navigations system – my little end of year extravagance) and how to avoid getting lost.

We also possess a new fish, although no-one’s noticed since it looks identical to the last one.

So 2005 hasn’t treated us too badly. Thank G-d our parents are still healthy and with us and our kids are growing up into very special people.

I want to conclude by wishish each and every one of you a very happy and successful 2006 and thank you for still dropping by to say hello.

We bloggers are, without a doubt the vanguard of a new generation. Let’s continue to enlarge the blogging pool in the next twelve months and get more and more people taking up this wonderful habit.

Happy 2006 dear friends and family.
The last year wouldn’t have been the same without you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...