Skip to main content

Today's Tuesday...Correct?

On the way to Synagogue this morning, I asked Michal what day it was. She replied “Tuesday”.

You might think that this is a bizarre response, but considering the fact that throughout this month, virtually every other day is either a festival or a Shabbat, her reasoning is totally understandable.

Usually, we go to Synagogue or shul as we call it, on a Shabbat morning. In the last two weeks, this has been extended to Tuesday and Wednesday (Rosh Hashanah) followed by Shabbat….Thursday (Yom Kippur) and today. This coming Tuesday and Wednesday, we will be celebrating the festival of Sukkot (and more shul) followed by Shabbat, three days later. Then, next Tuesday and Wednesday, we will celebrate the festivals of Shmini Atzeret and Simchat Torah on which we will attend shul once again. This will be followed three days later by another Shabbat.

If Michali is confused as to which day it is, she surely isn’t the only one. I have it on good authority that tomorrow is in fact Sunday. Then again, it could be Thursday, or Friday or even Monday.

I do know that I was in shul this morning, but I’ll be damned if I can remember why.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...