All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Sunday 9 October 2005

John

Why? Why would anyone want to hurt John Lennon, born sixty five years ago today? What had he done to deserve leaving this earth at the criminally early age of 40?

I’ve often pondered what would have happened had John not been shot. Would he still be alive today or would he have succumbed like George? It just seems so unfair that this talented, far from perfect but oh so human individual left this earth in such a violent and still unexplainable way.

Today, I celebrate his birth and the fact that he was responsible for getting me through my troubled teenage-hood and giving me a hook to cling onto in so many dark moments.

Happy birthday John.
I miss you so much.

1 comment:

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

My theory is that Chapman thought he had become a phony - but I'm just basing that on my own suspicions and the book he was carrying.