All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Wednesday 3 December 2008

It's Enough To Make You Weep

I've just been reading about the funeral of Chabad Rabbi Gavi Holtzberg and his wife in Israel. It turns out that the couple's oldest son died of Tay Sachs, a terrible terrible genetic disease that affects Jewish kids in particular, whilst his middle brother is currently hospitalized by the condition. As far as I know, the baby who was rescued from Nariman House in Mumbai is not similarly afflicted.

How such a tragedy can strike a family is something that I (and I suspect most other people) find hard to rationalise. I only hope and pray that both the parents and their child will find the eternal peace in Heaven that so eluded them down here in this cesspit we call "life".

You can read more about the funeral here.

No comments: