Skip to main content

Our Hurt

I'm really hurting.

I'm hurting because a savage of a man walked in Yeshivat Mercaz Harav - a place that I remember passing as I made my way to visit my cousins in Kiryat Moshe, Jerusalem - and shot seven young Jewish boys in cold blood in the libary.

I'm hurting because Palestinians in Gaza spent the next two hours shooting guns in the air to celebrate the tragedy.

I'm hurting.

I'm hurting.

Today, we were informed that OFSTED will be visiting our school on Tuesday and Wednesday. Anyone who knows what these inspections are like (and I've been through two already) is very well aware of how difficult and challenging the next few days will be for all the teachers in our school. However, after seeing the news from our precious city, my situation seems so irrelevant when considering the overall scheme of things.

On Thursday, our ordeal will be over, but will any of the families of those bochurim (young men) fell any relief as they get up for their respective Shiva's (a mourning period of seven days subsequent to the funeral)?

I doubt it.

I'm hurting.

And OFSTED has nothing to do with.

At least, not since I received that Breaking News email from CNN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...