All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Monday 17 September 2007

The Twinge

I remember the exact moment when I got the twinge. I was in the corridor at the start of break this morning and I'd just taught my Year 12's (A Level class). Suddenly, I got the twinge that told me everything was ok and I'd finally found my feet in the new school.

How can one describe that moment of satisfaction, when you know that you've made it through the turmoil that accompanies a new job? It's like, you know know that you're going to be ok. You feel in control of the situation for the very first time. You are aware that although you're still the new boy (or girl) but you can do it - you will make your mark and be part of the team.

Whatever it was, I got the twinge, felt wonderful inside and made my way confidently to the Staff Room.

I'd finally arrived.

No comments: