All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Saturday 15 September 2007

5768 - Happy New Year

It's probably not best form to begin the new year with an apology, but this is the first time I believe, in the history of this blog, that I have not wished you all a Shanah Tovah (Happy New Year).

Of course I have an excuse! I really, genuinely, honestly was too busy to get onto this blog in time to get that wish out to you. My new school is great and the workload is even greater, which I'm not complaining about...enough carping, Happy New Year already!

It's been a busy festival, with lots of people coming and going, coming and staying, staying and going. Three days in and I've finally had the time to read my 117 emails (is that a lot?) and answer the ones that have been sitting there, waiting for the right moment, if that's how you can describe it.

The one advantage of having the festival and shabbat together are that, at least I have Sunday to regain my composure and face the working week with some sort of plan.

And finally, to my Muslim readers, in case you are feeling left out, Ramadan Mubarak and I hope your fasting goes well. Next week, our nations will fast at the same time - may this bring peace and understanding between us both.

To the Jewish folk out there, I have one thing to say to you:

Dip the apple in the honey....

And to everyone else, welcome to 5768. Let's hope its a belter, for all the right reasons.

No comments: