All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Wednesday 14 June 2006

Meltdown

School finally got to me today. A combination of hay-fever, exhaustion and an unbearably hot classroom made me feel quite ill. The kids were pretty off-task for periods one and three and by the end of the latter, I had really had enough.

When lunch was finished, I could feel the onset of a throbbing head-ache that even two Nurofens couldn’t lodge, so I made my excuses and went home. I hit the pillow and was out for two solid hours. I think I must have been somewhat dehydrated.

I’m feeling better now and ready to go back in tomorrow morning. Thankfully our new ICT teacher was there to take over and I’m sure she did a great job.

Sometimes, when it all gets too much, you are better off tucked up in bed, than screwing up twenty kids’ education.

No comments: