All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Tuesday 27 January 2009

The Pope and The Leopard

It is no secret that I used to work in a Church school.

I can't say that I ever felt comfortable going into a church or for that matter, being in an assembly where prayers were recited. I knew that for me personally, Jesus wasn't my saviour and he hadn't died so that I could live. However, the school were employing me (through the Local Authority) and paying for the house I came home to as well as countless other things and therefore, out of respect, I was very careful to keep my opinions of Church related issues to myself.

Over the two years of working at the school, I kept shtum about the hypocrisy of the Church of England preaching peace and at the same time showing a very partisan and one-sided approach to the State of Israel. I didn't say a thing about the new Pope, even though I could see that he wasn't a patch on his predecessor.

I said nothing.

If anything, I tried to instill in the kids the common beliefs that all three monotheistic religions hold so dear to their not too dissimilar hearts.

Two years on and I no longer have to keep my voice still as my current school has a very different philosophy. I look at the current Pope and have no hesitation in stating this man is an imbecile of the highest proportions. It takes an imbecile to destroy in a few years all the work that was achieved over the last four decades. Then again, is the Church just reverting to what it has always been?

You might have read that a few days ago, the Pope decided to re-instate a number of bishops, who had been ex-communicated from the Church thirty or so years ago. One of these is Richard Williamson, a vile excuse for a human being who denies the Holocaust took place, enjoys spouting traditional anti-Semitic crap and holds some very interesting ideas about 9/11 - all of which aren't worth the breath he bothers to expend on them.

Williamson, aged 68 (i.e. he should know better) gave an interview to a Swedish TV (STV) last year snorting:

"I believe there were no gas chambers... I think that 200,000 to 300,000 Jews perished in Nazi concentration camps but none of them by gas chambers,"

"There was not one Jew killed by the gas chambers. It was all lies, lies, lies!"

Ladies and gentleman, this is the man your Pope thinks needs to brought back in the collective of the Church. A man who will get up and preach the word of G-d in the name of the Catholic Church. A man whom certain people will gladly invite over to their houses, because if "he's good enough for the Pope...."

This decision, just like the imbecile who occupies the Vatican at the present moment is disgraceful. Let's not forget his previous contribution to Judeo-Christian understanding, the Catholic Good Friday prayer for the Jews where the Vatican announced that Pope Benedict had revised the so-called “Good Friday Prayer for the Jews” which forms part of the Tridentine Mass and contains the cosy and warming:

“Let us also pray for the Jews: That our God and Lord may illuminate their hearts, that they acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the Savior of all men.”

Yeah, well, to us he ain't no saviour thank you very much.

It took a while for the leopard to show his thinly veiled spots and now that I'm also free to express my mind, I'll gladly exhibit mine too. The difference between us is that whereas I show respect to my fellow human beings, irrespective of their religion, the imbecile is incapable of doing so - as witnessed by his latest pronouncements, which we, the unsaved Jews won't forget, whether or not he withdraws his wish to bring lowlifes like Williamson "back into the fold".

What next?
Will you blame us for the death of Christ?

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day.
What a fitting decision, Mr Ratzinger.

No comments: