Skip to main content

On The 11th, For Our 11th...

Today, Dana and I celebrated out eleventh wedding anniversary. I'm not quite sure how we've managed to make it thus far, but amazingly we have - and we are blessed with four wonderful daughters for our efforts.

This was really the first year when the girls did something special for this occasion. Dassi and Shira (who despite her spotty appearance is coping admirably with the pox) prepared a glorious fruit salad, laid the table, replete with the named clogs cousin J. gave us last year as place markers and we were even treated to to a set of wine glasses (although a third one was broken in the haste...reminiscent of what happened ten years ago under the chupah, as Dana commented).

The icing on the cake, as it were, was a special musical performance by all four, in wonderful harmony and synchronisation. These were really lovely moments.

So we've got here and we're still smiling (well, I am). Eleven years on and the future looks sort of green, with patches of red at times.

Happy 11th Anniversary, Mrs Scribbler!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...