Skip to main content

Michal

It's not easy being Michal.

The poor girl is squeezed in there between three extremely powerful personalities (two older, one younger) and at times, she finds it hard to cope.

Whereas the others are tomboyish, Michal is the girly one. She cries easily, hurts even more easily and generally appears to get the worse deal of the four. Then again, she also possesses the sunniest disposition whilst understandably thriving on as much affection as she can physically handle.

Michal is the most musical of my girls. She has learned to whistle, which is no easy feat when you're only six and I'm sure that unlike her sisters, she will take to learning the piano in the same way that a duck takes to water.

Michal's fragility is ironically also her strength. Underneath the vulnerable exterior lies a character of steel. When her sisters flinch at scary moments in a movie, Michal sits there completely unmoved.

There's definitely more than meets the eye when it comes to this young lady.

Dassi is the confident one. Whatever she takes on, she does with gusto, particularly when it concerns contemplating a new idea or task. Talia, though less bold, also confronts her trials and fights her way through. Michal unfortunately doesn't possess enough confidence to take on new challenges and will always look for the easy way round. She is very fond of her comfort zone and as a result, will be very happy to spend as much time as she can, basking in it.

I've written all of the above, because I want to impress on you how proud I am of her today. At the beginning of last week, she started her swimming lessons again and spent the time literally screaming her way through each difficult stage in the learning process.

You can therefore understand how I felt as I watched her swim ten metres unaided, exhibiting considerably less hysteria than I'd previously seen. For anyone else, this would have been no mean feat, but when it came to Michal, it meant so much more.

She has made her old man extremely proud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...