Skip to main content

Add Some Music To Your Day

I've changed the Seeqpod music play list in the right hand column with what I believe is a more representative sample of the kind of stuff I like to listen to. In doing so, I've included two of my all time favourite pieces of Classical Musical, namely the intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana as well as Clair de Lune, which I really wish I could play on piano. I did try learning it years ago but gave up the ghost after the first few bars. I remember falling in love with Cavalleria the minute I heard it so elegiacally interwoven into the fight scenes of Raging Bull.

To start things off, I've added Stan Getz's magical Desafinado. If you're staying here for a while, do keep listening and I think you'll hear quite an eclectic choice of pieces.

I would recommend that you use Internet Explorer if you wish to listen to the player as it doesn't seem to work as well in either Firefox or Google Chrome (I can't vouch for the Opera browser or any others because I tend to stick with the three I've mentioned).

I discovered the Mamas and Papas' Safe In My Garden on a tape compilation years ago and really loved the harmonies. I also wanted to prove that I can listen to and enjoy music which has nary a Beatle anywhere in the vicinity.

The title of this blog echoes the wonderful Brian Wilson song on the Beach Boys' Sunflower album, which is a lovely piece of work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...