Skip to main content

Why Are They Attacking My Car?

I'm not one of those people who takes much pride in the car they drive. For me, an automobile is only about one thing - functionality. If it gets me to where I want to go and back, I'm happy.

That said, I am absolutely perplexed as to why my little Ford Fiesta seems to bear the brunt of so many mindless attacks.

Let me explain.

Shortly after I came into possession of this very unassuming car, a bunch of mindless joyriders decided to use our road for their criminal activities and hit a number of cars, including mine. I was pretty pissed off about it, but not enough to shell out £200 to have the panel fixed.
Attack #1

Then, in my last school, one of the students felt the need to scrape his key along a number of cars, with of course mine included. Attack #2 (in the school car park). After a summer of phone conversations with the Police, I decided not to press charges, because I don't want to be responsible for his being landed with a criminal record. He can arrange that for himself without my assistance.

Just before the end of the summer term, the sister of one of the teachers in my present school backed up into my car and caused more damage. Attack #3 (in the school car park).

You'd think that my car had some sort of death wish wouldn't you?

So how do you expect me to feel when I find out yesterday that a student who was having a temper tantrum decided to take his fury out on a car (guess whose?) and kicked my wing-mirror into oblivion? Attack #4 (and yet again in a school car park).

I mean, what the hell!

Why do these people keep on battering my car? What in heaven's name could it have done to deserve this treatment. I don't know whether to laugh or cry but one thing I do know is that my poor little Fiesta, the car that drove me to Liverpool and back deserves better.

I hate to think what will happen in Attack #5 whenever it takes place.

Maybe if I bet on this eventuality, I might win enough money to pay for the all the damage caused in the previous four beatings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...