Skip to main content

Its Been A While

Hello friends. My sincere apologies for the delay in posting here. A number of friends have approached me and asked why I haven't written in for a while. To be honest, I can't think of a good excuse (unlike my students, who have unlimited imaginations when it comes to the excuses department), so I won't patronise you by giving one.

Then again, I could say that I was too busy to write...

Nah.

I'm not going to even try.

However, just to keep you in the picture, this blog, though a little unattended (not ignored, unattended) is never too far from my mind.

So now that I'm back, what's new?

Well, we've got the usual political stuff, Obama vs Hillary, John McCain, Mr Republican Shoe-in, so sorry Mitt, but I don't think your Super Tuesday will be that great); crap in the Middle East (including the tragic attack in Dimona yesterday) and political shenanigans headlining the ever sombre news broadcasts.

I've been busy. School is keeping me out of trouble and occupying both my mind and time. The girls are....well, the girls and the wife is.....well, the wife. I'm pretty excited about my upcoming trip to Israel with Michal, which, though short, will hopefully be amazing. I can't wait to get back to the Kotel (Western Wall), as it has been almost ten years since we last kissed.

I really can't think of anything else of significance to add, except that I will endeavour to keep you updated more regularly. I'm too tired to have thoughts about much right now - I just want to make it through the next few weeks!

Please continue popping in, even if yours truly is a little distracted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...