All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Tuesday 23 January 2007

Cable Free

Last night, our cable company pulled the plug on us. We lost our telephone line, TV and Broadband.

Let me be a little kinder. It didn't really pull the plug, but all of the above did perish - albeit fleetingly. I suspect this has quite a deal to do with the flickering lights we've been experiencing over the last few nights, which is probably as a result of an electrical generator being damaged in last week's gales.

So at 10.00 last night, without access to a television, the internet or indeed a phone (although my mobile phone proved particularly handy) I decided to call it day and go to bed earlier than I've done in about a month. I woke up this morning refreshed and alert and relieved to see that all of the above have been restored.

So for once, it's all systems go, both electronically and biologically!

No comments: