All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Saturday 11 November 2006

Movie Review: Borat


The way you view this film will very much depend on how you feel about this character mocking your average American....and yes, making him/her look pretty ridiculous and at times, frighteningly racist.

However, if you look beyond the surface, you will find that there's quite a lot of depth to the character created by a very proud Jewish young man, called Sacha Baron Cohen. This is movie that works on many layers.

I really really enjoyed this film. At times, I laughed so hard, there were tears in my eyes but I also cringed when I was meant to and at the end of day found myself feeling rather sorry for Mr Baron Cohen's brilliant creation.

Borat will either leave you feeling hot or cold. Fortunately, I went with the joke and had a thoroughly enjoyable time.

Teacher's Rating

*****

No comments: