Skip to main content

The Reason Why We LOVE The Beatles

One of the key reasons why I (and I suspect many others) admire the Beatles and their music so much is due to the group's totally non-cynical and genuine desire to spread the message of love to the world.

This is not a new desire, granted that the Torah tells us to "love our neighbour/friend (in the same way) as we love ourselves" - an ideal that preceded the Beatles by only a mere three thousand years.

A cursory glance at the Beatles' songs verifies the fact - Love Me Do, She Loves You, All My Loving, Can't Buy Me Love, Love You To, All You Need Is Love testify to the fact. Let's also not forget that the Word was indeed "Love"!

What better a message could anyone give out to the world?

Paul McCartney's trip to Israel, besides being the catalyst for some rare good news emanating from the country (that's another one we owe you Paul) was all about spreading the message of love and tolerance. He managed, in his own way to assuage the critics and pacify both Jew and Arab by spending his free time visiting Palestinian children in a music school, praying for peace and then rocking the Jewish (and Muslim for that matter) population in Tel Aviv.

What Israel needs right now is a factory that produces clones of Paul McCartney on an hourly basis. He proved that love and music can achieve so much more than words or sadly bombs.

I love the Beatles and I'll tell you something, the older I get, the more grateful I am that I've been given the chance to do my little bit to promote their music and message to the next generation. If all I'll be remembered for is being a Beatles' freak, then I've achieved no mean feat.

It is after all a badge that I wear with an immense amount of pride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...