Skip to main content

Holding Back

It's always gratifying when a friend approaches you and tells you he or she has just read your blog and really enjoyed it (I have yet to meet someone who tells me they hated it....even if they did!). I know that there are loyal readers out there, who like to follow my rantings and general "happenings".

I also know that there is a lot I would like to write about that I keep to myself, for all kinds of reasons. Making your life open to publication is different to letting all and sundry find out every little thought that enters your brain, or indeed, share all the stresses that we face in our daily lives.

At times, this blog has been extraordinarily therapeutic and it is something that I value highly. Four-and-a-half years on, I'd like to thank you again for keeping up with my adventures. When I started on this journey, people looked at me as though though I were mad. I guess that I'm still writing here says that maybe doing so isn't as bizarre as it once seemed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...