Skip to main content

My Joint Loves

I make no apology whatsoever for adding one article after another regarding Sir Paul McCartney's upcoming trip to Israel. How could I not go bananas over the notion that my two great loves, the State of Israel and the Beatles are for the first time becoming entwined. Words fail me...

Additionally, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Sir Paul. In defying those who would wish that he cancel his trip (and I won't even tell you what I think about that scumbag in Lebanon who threatened him with assassination), he shows himself to be a true friend of the Jewish people and the State of Israel and we don't forget things like that. As they say in Hebrew "Kol Hakavod" - all respect due - to him.

I have always held him in high estimation with regard to his amazing music. Now I see him in an ever greater light, if that were at all possible. I only wish I were there to experience the show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...