Skip to main content

Depressing Times

I've been digesting the news from around the world for a few weeks and deliberately held back from spewing out the anger that I feel about the injustice that is being purveyed against the State of Israel. I was busy teaching my students instead of doing the following:

I didn't get up there at anti-racism conference in Geneva and deliver a vile, racist and rancid rant, on the eve of Yom Hashoah, Israel and the Jewish world's annual remembrance of the Holocaust.

I didn't pretend to be a friend of Israel, whilst at the same time encouraging a boycott of good coming out of the country (the Labour Government obviously needs to occupy its mind with other things when its not busy sending out dodgy emails or charging us for porn movie rentals)

I didn't spend £20,000 sending a bunch of MP's to a conference where the keynote speaker was a member of the Hezbollah terrorist organisation.

I didn't set up a special line to advise anti-Israel boycotters of what products were produced in the West Bank by both Palestinians and Israelis (Every little bit helps whom, Tesco?)

I didn't act like a total hypocrite by conducting a highly suspect war in Iraq, whilst in the same rancid breath daring to brand Israeli generals "war criminals" for engaging in a battle to protect women and children from constant Kassam attacks.

I didn't do any of these.

I did however applaud when a few dozen individuals walked out on Ahmedinejad mid-rant. This fleeting moment of satisfaction reminded me that not everyone out there is hell-bent on scapegoating Israel and by extension, the Jews for every malady in this putrid planet that we call Earth.

I also prayed that the same people who are carrying out all of the above feel exactly the same way about the appalling Chinese behaviour towards the people of Tibet, the disgraceful forty five year old boycott of Cuba by America, the genocide that is going on in Darfur, the discrimination against the Bahai in Iran and so forth.

I'm writing about this, because I don't recall that shmock of an Iranian mentioning it at the anti-racist conference. Then, again, he was probably too busy denying the Holocaust to actually say anything of real worth.

I am also saving my last laugh for Gordon Brown and his cronies - because next year, indirectly, his antipathy towards Israel will cost him and them their jobs. My only hope is that this nasty and pernicious man gives Israel a fleeting thought as he steps out of his beloved No 10 for the very final time.

When you mess with the Jews, you always end up losing - just ask Ken Livingston, Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Arafat and Nasser what happened to them after they started a fight with our people.

We never forget a friend.

We also never forget those who took us on - and lost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...