All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Thursday 31 December 2009

End Of The Year, End Of The Decade

For the whole of the day, I have been toying with what I wanted to write here. I still don't know.

The last few days of this year have found me struggling with one of the many curveballs that life throws your way and I wonder whether I will have the strength to dodge it, or just go with the roll.

This has been a seminal decade in my life. I fathered two daughters, found myself a new career and face the coming 120 months with a feeling, the like of which I have never had before.

So what will the future bring? Where will any of us be on 31st December 2019? It's not that long away and if the last ten years are anything to go by, its going to be a long, hard slog.

I'd like to be more cheerful and optimistic, but I'm afraid I can't muster the good cheer I'd like to exhibit.

Here's to 2010 and 11 and 12....and G-d help us all, because we need His provenance to guide each and every one of us, along the dimly lit pathway that lies ahead.

Oh yeah. And happy new year.

3 comments:

Daniel said...

the end of the decade will be dec 31,2010.
there was no year zero!

The Scribbler said...

Well picked up and I agree!

Anonymous said...

As someone once said 'things can only get better' and they will...this too shall pass

xxxxxx