Skip to main content

Seaside

The girls, my parents and I decided to take advantage of the lovely weather and so we spent the day at the seaside. Dana was meeting with her brother in town and therefore there was no rush to get home. Unfortunately, due to (ahem!) our getting lost, it didn't seem as though we were in too much of a rush to get to the seaside either...

When we got there, we sat in a quiet beach and the kids went about doing the usual kinds of things that kids do when they see a lot of sand (the tide being miles out). Shira was an absolute scream. The girls went about looking for crabs to resuscitate as they all looked half-dead (the crabs, not the girls) whilst Shira, trousers and all, jumped in and out of shallow pools. By the time we got all four of them off the beach and back into the car, they were all trouserless (and the washing machine will no doubt be chugging away tonight).

Comments

Sounds like a beautiful day of down-time! I will check out the links you recommended. No more apologies I promise... so if I inadvertently offend with my ignorance, I guess you'll just have to deal with it!
The Scribbler said…
That's the spirit!

Popular posts from this blog

London's Win Is My Loss.

I can barely conceal my overwhelming enthusiasm for the IOC's decision to award the city I live in, management of the 2012 Olympic Games. I'm not going to harp on about why I'm so against the decision, suffice to point you to the blog I posted back in June. So now I have to spend the next seven years listening to endless debates and counter-debates as to how prepared/unprepared this city is and whether anything at all will change. It makes you almost wish you were listening to some gossip about the Royal Family instead (I said almost ). One positive outcome is that we beat the French (once again) and if I think about it from that angle, I can come to the conclusion that hosting the games not be such a bad thing after all. Guess what....I'm already beginning to feel better!

The Bomb Shelter

I'm feeling pretty down today. I don't know if its the shitty weather (grey skies and nothing but rain) or the fact that the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4.30 this morning - but I really don't feel happy. I'm pondering whether I'm finding my marriage or parenthood more challenging right now. My throat is raw from all the screaming I've done at the kids over the last few days and my T.Q (temper quotient) is at an all time low. You sneeze at the wrong volume and I'll bite your head off. I'm an absolute bastard to live with and I know it. I prefer not to engage in conversation with any of the family because I can't be bothered to be sociable. At least on my blog, I can let my emotions rip, without someone interrupting my rant. The underlying cause for it all? It could be a growing sense of panic that school is approaching and I really haven't done any preparation yet. When I sit down to start work, I get a feeling of total paralysis...