All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Wednesday 2 April 2008

Teachers Unplugged

I've just come back from a wonderful evening at our school. Once a year, the drama and music departments put on a teacher's evening, where members of staff get up in front of a mic and do their thang - thankfully not in front of the kids, although a few were there.

I sang a number of songs on guitar, but apparently, it was my piano based Imagine that caused a few tears to flow, which I have to say that I'm quite chuffed about. I can't think of any time when my piano playing has caused such emotions (and no, it wasn't that bad!)

However, my hat goes off to the other performers, because they were simply stunning. As they say a splendid time was had by all and you can't ask for better than that. I've already started thinking about what I can play next year (if I'm asked back!)

No comments: