All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Sunday 19 October 2008

Aches and Pains, But Here I Am

Greetings fellow humanoids. I'm back and I've been through the wars (or so it seems).

If I haven't written for a while, I've got good reason. To be brutally honest (and that's probably the best way to be), I've been to hell and back vis a vis my corpus. First of all, I had a rotten end to Yom Kippur, where my head shuddered its way through the final Neilah prayer and figuratively begged me to have something to eat and drink as soon as I was able.

The thumping headache dissipated just in time for me to put a muscle in my neck into severe spasm, the result being that an osteopath was consulted and I couldn't move my head properly for almost a week. If that weren't enough fun (did I use the word "fun"?), I've had to contend with unending Yom Tov, which is not such an issue....except that I feel somewhat discombobulated, something that I'm not too keen on being.

Deep sigh.

Well, here I am. Fighting my way through the personal wars and looking forward to some normality re-entering my rather fragile frame of mind - and for that matter, body.

Shabbat has gone out, we have a 48 hour reprieve until the next batch of feel-goods rush us into our cultural domain....a fractured week followed by yet another Shabbat and then peace....half term, which, believe it or not, it couldn't be coming at a more welcome time.

No comments: