All that you have is your soul (Tracy Chapman).

Monday 16 October 2006

Presi-don't

I don't know whether or not the President of Israel, Moshe Katsav is guilty of rape and sexual harrassment, as suggested by the Israeli Police report released yesterday.

What I do know, is that Israel has enough things to worry about, without witnessing the one area of officialdom that really should be above politics.

The said holder must, in my opinion, immediately cease from holding office until the accusations have been fully dealt with. Any other course of action degrades both the State of Israel and any of us who still give a damn about her wellbeing.

I have to say that I am truly disgusted by what I am finding out about, through reading the (Israeli) media. Yes, Mr Katsav is still innocent until found guilty, but in reality, the whole sordid affair stinks to high heaven.

Chaim Weitzman, the first president must no doubt be spinning in his grave, alongside Ben Gurion, the first Prime Minister.

We Jews should really know better.

No comments: